2008-08-12

mmc driver for openwrt, part deux

Went over the MMC configuration for my openWRT router yesterday, as I wanted to relinquish the use of the SES button by the driver (GPIO4) to use it instead as a toggle button for the Wifi, and use GPIO5 for DO.
As I did just that, I also "fixed" the MMC driver to stop the Power LED from blinking every time the SD card was accessed.
The way I did that was to use the following config.h:
#define SD_CS_POWER 0x82
And the modify the spi.c to have:
static inline void mmc_spi_cs_high(void) {
port_state |= SD_CS_POWER;
(...)
Also, as I am now using GPIOs #2,3,5,7, I had to add a line
echo "0xac" > /proc/diag/gpiomask
in one of the init scripts.

For /etc/hotplug.d/button/01-radio-toggle, I am currently using the following, but I might change that to just turn the radio on/off:
if [ "$BUTTON" = "ses" ] ; then
if [ "$ACTION" = "pressed" ] ; then
WIFI_RADIOSTATUS=$(wlc radio)
# touch /tmp/$WIFI_RADIOSTATUS
case "$WIFI_RADIOSTATUS" in
0|"")
uci set wireless.wl0.disabled=0
uci commit wireless
wifi
wlc radio 1
echo f > /proc/diag/led/wlan
;;
1)
uci set wireless.wl0.disabled=1
uci commit wireless
wifi
wlc radio 0
echo 0 > /proc/diag/led/wlan
;;
esac
fi
fi

Despite the non-quite-thought-through use of the GPIOs in the default MMC driver, I'm beginning to think openWRT is the best invention since sliced bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.